Event time: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Wine Spectator Learning Center Room 1001
Ask an Entrepreneur is an event designed to connect local entrepreneurs to SSU students who are curious about what it takes to turn an idea into something that is commercially viable. What does commercially viable mean? It means that it is both something that customers want to buy and something that can be sold for enough that it is financially sustainable.
What better way to find out what it takes to be successful and how to avoid typical pitfalls than to ask those who have done it?
At the Ask an Entrepreneur event, you will have the opportunity to talk with local entrepreneurs. Chris Stewart, co-founder of Pocket Radar and our Lead Entrepreneur-in-Residence, will lead the event and be available before and after for questions. The other five entrepreneurs represent a variety to businesses and are listed below.
What will the event be like?
- You will sit at tables that include an entrepreneur, a group of students, and a student facilitator who will help keep the questions flowing.
- After about 15 minutes, you will switch tables so that you are sitting with a different entrepreneur. This sequence will repeat to give you the chance to talk with all five entrepreneurs.
- These will be informal conversations where you can ask questions and get to know some of those who have taken the entrepreneurial journey before you.
Local Entrepreneurs Attending
- Richard Norgrove Sr.- Owner/President & CEO, Bear Republic Brewing Company
- Cristina Wilson - Co-Founder/Chief Merchandising Officer, Ooh La Luxe (one of our Entrepreneurs-in-Residence)
- Terry Noe - Founder, Beehive Electronics
- Dustin DeMatteo - Executive Director, Farmster
- Michelle Wilson - Co-Founder/Chief Marketing Officer, Ooh La Luxe (one of our Entrepreneurs-in-Residence)
You can use this form to sign up for this exciting event. Signing up isn't required, but it does help us with planning for food and seating. Feel free to join us even if you don't have a chance to sign up, and feel free to bring friends too!