October 8 is the Fall 2021 deadline to submit documents and complete all steps associated with:
- Change of Status from Pre-Business to Business Administration
- Graduation Application Submission
- Change of Major: Declaring Pre-Business
- Change of Major: Declaring the Business Minor
- Change of Concentration and/or Advisor Form
See the specific instructions below for details about each of these forms.
Change of Status from Pre-Business to Business Administration:
*Important - Submit your change of status form electronically.
- Download and save the Change of Status workbook to your computer in Excel format. Save using your last name, first name - example: Smith, Bob.
- Open the form you just saved and fill it out completely.
- Email the Excel file and any transcripts and/or proof of enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you completed or are currently taking classes to complete the Pre-Business requirements somewhere other than SSU, please attach a copy/screenshot of your grades and/or enrollment in these classes to your email. This will be submitted as a separate document-example: Smith, Bob_Transcript1
Completing steps 1-4 above will allow you to register for the upper division Business Core courses (BUS 316, 319, 320, 344, 360, & 370), but will NOT allow you to register for concentration courses.
In order to be eligible to register for concentration courses after submitting a Change of Status, you must:
- Take a screenshot of your final grades at the end of the semester (grades post shortly after the semester or intersession ends.)
- Email the screenshot to email@example.com, which initiates the process to change from Pre-Business to Business Administration. Once your Change of Status is reviewed and approved by the Pre-Business Advisor, you will receive an email from the Department that your major has been changed to Business Administration with your desired concentration. You will then be able to register for concentration courses.
IMPORTANT Registration Information:
If you are completing your final Pre-Business requirements in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022, your Computer Competency Requirement is complete (or you’re enrolled in an approved course), and you have turned in your Change of Status document(s), you will be eligible to register for the upper-division Business Core classes (BUS 316, 319, 320, 344, 360, 370) for the Spring 2022 semester. Registration appointments will be assigned by Admissions and Records and will be posted on your MySSU Student Center.
Students completing their final Pre-Business requirements in Winter 2022 will have two registration times.
- First is your initial registration appointment as assigned by Admissions & Records and (will be) posted to your MySSU Student Portal. During this time you will be able to register for GE, Minor, or elective courses.
- The second registration date/time is determined by the Department of Business Administration. Students completing Pre-Business requirements in Winter will be allowed to register for the upper-division Business core classes (BUS 316, 319, 320, 344, 360, 370) as follows:
- Monday, November 22nd at 9:30 AM - Students must submit proof of enrollment in the Winter Session course(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org once enrollment takes place.
Graduation Application Submission:
Business Administration students planning to graduate in Spring 2022, Apply Online through the link on your MySSU Student Portal – Academic Requirements Report (ARR)
Business Administration students are encouraged to meet with their Advisor to review their ARR prior to completing the online Graduation Application process and must apply by the Department of Business Administration’s October 8th deadline.
Failure to complete the graduation application process by the October 8th deadline will prevent students from registering for BUS 491 (Senior Seminar) during their initial assigned registration appointment.
- September 15, 2021: Final filing date for Fall 2021 graduation application to Admissions & Records.
- February 1, 2022: Final filing date for Spring and Summer 2022
- September 15, 2022: Final filing date for Fall 2022 graduation