March 8th is the Spring 2019 deadline to submit documents and complete all steps associated with:
- Change of Status from Pre-Business to Business Administration
- Graduation Application Submission
- Change of Major: Declaring Pre-Business
- Change of Major: Declaring the Business Minor
- Change of Concentration and/or Advisor Form
See the specific instructions below for details about each of these forms.
Change of Status from Pre-Business to Business Administration:
*IMPORTANT - SUBMIT YOUR CHANGE OF STATUS FORM ELECTRONICALLY
- Download and save this Change of Status workbook to your computer. Save using your last name, first name - example: Smith, Bob.
- Open the form you just saved and fill it out completely.
- If you completed or are currently taking classes to complete the Pre-Business requirements somewhere other than SSU, please attach a copy/screenshot of your grades and/or enrollment in these classes to your email. This will be submitted as a separate document-example: Smith, Bob_Transcript1
- Email the form and any transcripts and/or proof of enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing steps 1-4 above will allow you to register for BUS 316, 319, 320*, 344, 360, & 370, but will NOT allow you to register for concentration courses. *Students who have been accepted as a Pre-Business major prior to Fall 2018 do not need to take BUS 320.
In order to be eligible to register for concentration courses, you must:
- Take a screenshot of your final grades for the Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 semester (Grades post shortly after the semester or winter session ends.)
- Email the screenshot to email@example.com, which initiates the change from Pre-Business to Business Administration. Once your Change of Status form is reviewed and approved by the Pre-Business Advisor, and your major has been changed to Business Administration with your concentration, you will be able to register for concentration courses.
IMPORTANT Registration Information:
Students completing the Change of Status Form will have two registration times.
- The initial registration time is by appointment and assigned by Admissions & Records. Your appointment day and time will be available on your MySSU Student Center account. This registration time will allow you to register for GE courses and any other minor or elective courses for which you meet the prerequisites.
- The second registration time is determined by the Department of Business Administration as follows:
- Priority Registration Students (DSS, Athlete, ASI or Other) may register for the upper division business major core courses (BUS 316, 319, 320*, 344, 360, & 370) on Thursday, May 2nd @ 9:30 AM.
- Pre-Business students completing the classes on their Change of Status Form in Spring 2019 may register for the upper division business major core courses (BUS 316, 319, 320*, 344, 360, & 370) on Monday, May 6th @9:30 AM.
- Pre-Business students completing the classes on their Change of Status Form in Winter 2018 may register for the upper division business major core courses (BUS 316, 319, 320*, 344, 360, & 370) on Tuesday, May 7th @ 9:30 AM.
*Students who have been accepted as a Pre-Business major prior to Fall 2018 do not need to take BUS 320
Graduation Application Submission (with your advisor's signature!)
(Business Administration students planning to graduate in Fall 2019 only)
Business Administration students MUST meet with their Academic Advisor and attain their signature on the Graduation Application before submitting the application to the Undergraduate Office. Failure to do so will prevent students from registering for BUS 491 during their assigned registration appointment.
- February 1, 2019: Final filing date for Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 graduation application to Admissions & Records.