Accreditation by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. In 2007, the SBE's Department of Business Administration achieved initial accreditation, placing its Bachelor of Science and MBA programs among only 15% of all business schools in the world that meet the standards for accreditation.
As the hallmark of excellence in management education, AACSB International accreditation assures stakeholders that business schools:
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant mission.
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Provide high-caliber teaching of quality and current curricula.
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and qualified faculty.
- Produce graduates who have achieved specified learning goals.
In 1999, Sonoma State University was invited to join COPLAC (Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges), an organization that permits only one public institution per state. Recognizing the importance of liberal arts and sciences education for success in a complex global society, COPLAC is championing the cause of liberal arts education of superior quality in the public sector.
The WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) is recognized as one of seven regional associations that accredit public and private higher education institutions in the United States.