If you're not looking for a major degree in economics, but know that a general knowledge of economic principles will support your career then you can earn a minor from the School of Business and Economics.
Students may qualify for a minor in economics by completing the 24-unit program from the Economics Major core requirements listed below. The minor will be recorded upon request in the student's official records.
The following are the courses required for completing a minor in Economics:
- ECON 204 Introduction to Macroeconomics (4 units)
- ECON 205 Introduction to Microeconomics (4 units)
- ECON 217 Statistics for Economics and Business (4 units)
- ECON 304 Macroeconomic Theory (4 units)
- ECON 305 Microeconomic Theory (4 units)
- ECON 317 Introduction to Econometrics (4 units)
The Academic Advisor for the Economics Minor is Dr. Chong-Uk Kim, Department Chair. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kim, please contact him at email@example.com.