Lecturer, Executive Wine MBA Program
- Bocconi University - Doctorate of Business Administration
- Widener University - MBA
- Widener University - B.S. in Business Administration
- Wine industry value chain; transaction cost economics
- Corporate strategy and decision-making applied to the wine industry
- Efficiencies and strategies in wine import/export
- Movement and growth in international wine markets; country profiles
- Global wine markets, EU wine reforms and the ongoing movements in globalization
A 25-year veteran of the wine industry, Brostrom has held positions in multiple channels: winery, import, distribution, retail, and the non-profit wine education sector. In addition to lecturing in the Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University, she has taught at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone and is a regular speaker at conferences in the industry.
She is a co-founder of the Italian Wine Central (IWC) website (www.italianwinecentral.com), a central network for wine professionals wanting to learn and teach about Italian wines. Prior to starting IWC, she was Vice President of education for The Winebow Group. Geralyn holds a BS in Management and an MBA in Marketing. She is currently pursuing her doctorate in business administration.
As a dual citizen of the United States and the Italian Republic, her professional wine credentials include the Vinitaly International Academy (VIA) Italian Wine Expert, the Italian Wine Professional (IWP), the Certified Wine Educator (CWE) from SWE and the Level III Award in Wines and Spirits, with distinction, from the WSET.
As a published author her book titles include Into Italian Wine (www.amazon.com/Into-Italian-Wine-Third-Certification/dp/1548464058) and The Business of Wine (www.amazon.com/The-Business-Wine-An-Encyclopedia/dp/0313354006), which was nominated for the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.