The Wine Business Case Research Journal (WBCRJ) aims to publish exceptional decision-focused case studies involving real people and real events in the global wine business context. Multimedia cases, as well as cases in traditional document format, will be reviewed for publication.
The WBCRJ is published by the Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University. The Journal is dedicated to enhancing case research and publishing exceptional teaching cases in an electronic format. A unique feature of this journal is to provide an industry digest of each issue's cases for dissemination, thereby informing global wine researchers and industry practitioners about cutting-edge challenges and possible exemplary solutions. Instructor's manuals, teaching notes, and other case supplements will be available solely to pre-qualified instructors. Published volumes and cases will be distributed in an open-access format.
Founding Editor: Armand Gilinsky, Ph.D., Sonoma State University
Associate Editor: Dr. David Rowe
Associate Editor, The Americas: Sergio Canavati, Ph.D., Sonoma State University
Production Coordinator: Sarah Hehman
- Grappling With Grapes: Developing Strategy for the Poncini Vineyards
- Rara Avis Vineyards: Has This Bird Flown?
- Strategic Channel Management of Saint Bernhard Winery: Direct Versus Indirect Sales
- The Magnificent Five of the Catalan Far West
- Risky Business: Building a Super Luxury Wine Brand
- Podere Riosto: A “Forchetta” In the Road
- A Local Pub Tries To Keep Up With Changing Preferences
- Planning In the Poncini Family Business
- Sula Vineyards (B) - Sustainable Growth?
For Wine Industry Practitioners/Professionals
A unique goal of this journal is to provide an industry digest of each issue's cases for dissemination, thereby informing global wine researchers and industry practitioners about cutting-edge challenges and possible exemplary solutions. Links to each volume's Industry Digest are below. Full cases and volumes can be accessed via the Published Volumes section above.
Call for Cases
Sonoma State University's Wine Business Institute is calling for submission of case studies for the online Wine Business Case Research Journal (WBCRJ). The WBCRJ expects to accept about 20 percent of manuscripts submitted. Cases will be double-blind reviewed and refereed. The Wine Business Case Research Journal is open-access and authors retain copyright to their work.
- Review a list of sample case topics and submission guidelines and dates.
- Access the submission checklist.
The publication's founding editorial board includes five past editors of academic journals, wine business researchers, and university scholars from the U.S., France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, and South Africa.
Thank you to the Sonoma State University Library for assistance with making the WBCRJ go live.