The Wine Industry Finance & Accounting Online Certificate provides an overview of financial and accounting concepts that enables you to make better business decisions and advance your wine career. Taught by wine industry professionals in the finance and accounting fields, students explore key wine-specific accounting concepts and principals, and financial strategy, planning, and management for wine businesses.
Who Should Enroll:
- Wine industry professionals with limited experience in finance and accounting can take these courses to gain practical knowledge and financial literacy skills.
- Finance and accounting professionals can take these courses to expand and deepen their knowledge of best practices in finance and accounting for the wine industry or to earn CPE credits towards maintaining CPA licensure.
- All courses delivered online
- 4-6 hours weekly commitment
- 1-hour weekly live webinars
- Recorded Webinars
- Non Credit Courses
- Eligible for CPE Credits
Current Course Schedule:
|Class||Dates||Live Classes||Instructor||Fee||Registration Deadline|
|Foundation: Best Practices of Wine Industry Accounting||Apr 3 - May 29||Wednesdays 6 pm-6 pm PST||Maria Dillingham||$1,250||
Apr 1, 2024
(Registration opens Nov 8)
|Advanced: Financial Management & Strategy for Wine Business||
|Master: Cost Analysis for Wine Business||
Oct 24-Nov 21 2023
|Tuesdays||Cricket Weaver||$795||Register here|
20 weeks of courses:
- One Foundation course (8 weeks)
- One Advanced course ( 8 weeks)
- One Elective course (4 weeks)
Average time to complete is 12 months.
Payment is made at the time of registration for each course and not at one time, so your payments will be spread out over the three courses.
This course provides an introduction to general accounting principles and financial concepts, as well as financial best practices relevant to the wine industry. Revenue management and cost accounting will be also be explored. Course concepts will be examined and explored through the lens of the wine industry.
- Accounting Processes
- Financial Analysis and Planning
- Key Performance Measurements
- Understanding Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Calculating Financial Ratios for Business Initiatives
- Budget Planning
- Creating a Product Price Structure
- Cost Accounting Principles
- Determining Appropriate Key Performance Indicators
This eight-week course provides a concise overview and analysis of the factors critical to financial success for businesses in the wine industry. Students will learn about different corporate and financial structures and strategies; how to deal with business details, like compliance and insurance; and how to use financial planning and analysis to ensure a business’s financial survival and drive growth.
- Sales Unit & Income Statement Forecasting
- Production Planning, COGS Planning, & Balance Sheet Forecasting
- Compliance and Regulation
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Time Value of Money
By helping students develop an accurate understanding of the true costs of their product this course will enable students to build sustainable and profitable pricing strategies for various wine business models. Upon completion of this course students will understand the basic differences between various cost accounting methods and be able to calculate cost of goods sold.
- Cost Accounting Methods
- Pricing Strategies
- Margin Analysis
- Inventory Tracking