Advance your executive career in the global wine industry.
In 2012, the Wine Business Institute in the School of Business and Economics (SBE) at Sonoma State University in collaboration with the wine industry launched the United States’ first Executive MBA focused on the business of wine. The Sonoma Executive Wine MBA program is offered in two formats: low-residency and campus-based.
*Our pursuit of academic excellence continues as we adjust to the evolving situation due to COVID-19. Program schedule, activities, locations and delivery modes are subject to change. We are using on-line learning and virtual engagement where it is not possible to meet in person for the Residential Leadership Intensives. We are also adapting the extracurricular activities to ensure we are training students to adapt to future business environments and develop new abilities to innovate and lead in an ever-changing world.
Hybrid, Low Residency
|17 months||17 months|
|Friday/Saturday every other weekend||Varies|
|Leadership Training||Leadership Training|
|International Business Consulting Trip||Learning Intensives in California, France, and Australia.|
|Access to a deep network of alumni and wine industry connections.||Access to a deep network of alumni and wine industry connections.|
|Launches every March/April.||Launches every other Fall Semester.|
Leadership & Experiential Learning
- The first begins with a two-day intensive where students eMBArk on their journey of leadership development. The leadership track includes an additional off-site intensive where students further develop their capacity to work in teams.
- The Innovation, Design and Technology Leadership course offers a 4-day immersive workshop where students learn the art of design and innovation.
- The third experiential learning module is a ten-day international study tour where students are introduced to new cultures, visit international business facilities, and meet with senior management and industry specialists to discuss relevant topics.
Sonoma Executive Wine MBA at a Glance.
Program Learning Objectives
- Plan and execute business decisions and strategies
- Develop leadership skills in self and others
- Understand ethical issues and problems from a leader’s perspective
- Manage in an ever-changing global environment