International students must meet the admissions criteria set forth by both the School of Business and Economics (SBE) Graduate & Executive Programs office and the International Students Admissions Office.
SBE Graduate & Executive Programs Office Requirements:
International Student Admissions Office Requirements:
The University Admissions office requires all students with foreign transcripts to submit international transcripts to a third-party evaluation service. Sonoma State regularly accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by credential evaluation servicers and currently works closely with these servicers:
- In addition to minimum admissions requirements, international student applicants must demonstrate that they meet the minimum English proficiency required to attend Sonoma State University. International applicants by meet English proficiency by:
- Having attended 3 years full-time at an institution (secondary or post-secondary) where English is the primary language used OR
- Having been educated in one of the countries that qualify for an English waiver (listed below) OR
- Completion of GE Area A2 (Written Communication) at a US institution with a grade of C- or better OR
- Submit official verification of English proficiency via an exam. You may view a list of accepted exams here. All exams must have been taken within the past two years to be considered valid.
- You can scan the photo page of your passport and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your financial documents must be no older than 6 months old. Please read carefully and complete this Financial Affidavit for International Students with the proper documents.
- International students may be required to purchase health insurance.
International students in all Sonoma MBA and EMBA programs may be required to gain practical experience by:
- Completing an internship course,
- Working for eight or more months during their MBA or EMBA program,
- Or combining an internship course and work for a total of eight or more months during their MBA or EMBA program.
International students may be authorized for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to be eligible for off-campus work or internships in a position directly related to their field of study. For details, please contact the International office directly by emailing them directly at email@example.com.
Your contact for your international documents is the International Admissions Office. Please feel free to contact their main office directly with questions pertaining to international documents needed by calling (707) 664-2778 or by emailing them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mailing address for all application materials:
Sonoma State University
Office of Admissions
Attn: International Admissions
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Reach out to us with your questions:
Admissions Specialist: Emily Porter email@example.com