In today's society no product, service, or idea can be successful without the creative and innovative support from the marketing department. Marketing involves creating, communicating, and delivering products and services in ways that customers find valuable. It's a functional area that falls between product development and sales. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, that is constantly evolving, marketing might be the right choice for you to pursue.
Most entry-level positions for marketing concentrations reside in sales. After gaining experience, sales professionals often move into marketing. A willingness to relocate often opens more career opportunities.
|Sales and Promotions||E-commerce; Person-to-Person Sales and Business-to-Business sales for all products/services in all industries|
|Marketing Management||Product, Brand, and Marketing Strategy Management; Consumer and Trade Promotion; Customer Service; Project Management|
|Market Research||Data Collection/Analysis; Survey Research; Forecasting/Reporting
|Purchasing||Wholesale; Retail; Agricultural; Operational|
|Social Media Management||Strategy; Content Planning; Copy Writing; Blogging; Marketing and Promotions; Online Customer Service; Search Engine Optimization|
|Entertainment Marketing||Sales/Promotion; Marketing; Event Planning; Public Relations; Social Media Management|
- Complete all Pre-Business requirements.
- Complete all Upper-Division Core Business classes.
- Must complete BUS 360 before taking other Marketing courses.
- Complete five courses from the list below.
Two Required Courses:
- BUS 367 Consumer Behavior (4 units)
- BUS 469 Marketing Management (4 units)
- Prerequisite: BUS 360 and 367
Three Additional Courses:
- BUS 361 Marketing Graphics (4 units)
- BUS 362 Services Marketing (4 units)
- BUS 364 Sports Marketing (4 units)
- BUS 365 Introduction to Hospitality and Event Management (4 units)
- Prerequisite: BUS 360 NOT a prereq.
- BUS 366 Retail Management (4 units)
- BUS 368 International Marketing (4 units)
- BUS 385MK Special Topics (as relevant, 3-4 units)
- BUS 396W The Global Wine Industry (4 units)
- BUS 399MK Advanced Work Experience in Marketing (3-4 units)
- BUS 461 Promotion Management (4 units)
- BUS 462 Marketing Research (4 units)
- BUS 463 Sales Management and Personal Selling (4 units)
- BUS 464W Production, Operations and Distribution (4 units)
- BUS 465W Wine Marketing (4 units)
- Prerequisite: BUS 305W and 360
- BUS 468 Marketing Decision Making (4 units)
- BUS 451 Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management (4 units)
- BUS 453 Small Business Analysis (4 units)
- BUS 499MK Internship in Marketing (3-4 units)