The financial industry offers challenging, diverse and lucrative career opportunities for self-motivated, diligent candidates. Change is constant in the field of finance, requiring continued education in technology, government regulations, and the globalization of the marketplace. Employers select highly ambitious and efficient people to join the ranks and those who are most successful in the industry are focused on their professional goals from the start.
|Corporate and Public Finance||Financial Analysis; Budget Analysis; Financial Services Broker|
|Banking||Loan Officer; Corporate Credit Analysis; Commercial Lending; Cash/Credit Management|
|Insurance||Insurance Underwriter; Claims Analysis; Risk Management; Sales|
|Personal Financial Planning||Financial Advising; Portfolio Management; Sales; Customer Service|
|Real Estate||Residential Brokerage; Appraisals; Property Management; Commercial Sales|
|Investment Banking||Corporate Financial Analysis; Equity and Debt; Retail Bond and Equity Sales|
|Accounting||Financial Reporting; Cost Accounting; Tax Planning|
- Complete All Lower-Division Business Major Requirements.
- Complete All Upper-Division Core Requirements.
- Must complete BUS 370 before taking 400-level Finance courses.
- Complete five courses from the list below.
Two Required Courses
- BUS 472 Investments (4 units)
- BUS 474 Computer Applications in Finance (4 units)
Three Additional Courses
(Note: Select three courses from Group A OR select two courses from Group A and one course from Group B.)
- Group A
- BUS 377 Financial Institutions or ECON 375 Money and Banking (4 units)
- BUS 470 Managerial Finance (4 units)
- BUS 471 Case Studies in Finance (4 units)
- BUS 473 International Finance (4 units)
- BUS 476 Insurance and Risk Management (4 units)
- BUS 477 Real Estate Finance and Investments (4 units)
- Group B
- BUS 330A Intermediate Accounting (4 units)
- BUS 399F Advanced Work Experience in Finance (3-4 units)
- BUS 433B Corporate and Estate Taxation (4 units)
- Prerequisite: BUS 433A
- BUS 454 Entrepreneurial Finance (4 units)
- Prerequisite: BUS 370
- BUS 475W Wine Accounting and Finance (4 units)
- BUS 499F Internship in Business (3-4 units)
- ECON 311 Public Economics (4 units)
- Prerequisite: ECON 317
- ECON 317 Introduction to Econometrics (4 units)
- MATH 303 Interest Theory (3 units)