Assistant Professor, Wine Business
Pennsylvania State University, School of Hospitality Management
Ph.D. in Hospitality Management
KyungHee University, School of Global Hospitality and Tourism
M.S. Food Business Management
The Culinary Institute of America
B.P.S. Culinary Art Management
Wine and Spirit Education Trust
Advanced Certificate in Wines and Spirits
- Consumer's food and beverage purchasing behavior
- Ethics and sustainability in food and beverage systems
- Cultural and social influences on food decisions and health
- Consumer acceptance related to novel food technologies
Dr. InHaeng Jung is an assistant professor in Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University. Originally from Korea, she worked in various marketing, sales, consulting and service roles in the food and beverage industry in both United States and Korea. She has published in leading academic journals such as the International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, and International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.
Jung, I. N., Sharma, A., & Mattila, A. S. (2022). The Impact of Supermarket Credibility on Purchase Intention of Novel Food. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 64(1), 102754. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2021.102754
Lin, M. S., Jung, I. N., & Huang, Y. (2021), Factors Impacting Food Away from Home (FAFH) Spending in the United States: A Macroeconomic Perspective. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 29(1), 5. https://doi-org.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/10.7275/qgpk-5z07
Jung, I. N., Sharma, A., & Mattila, A. S. (2020). Exploring employees' perceptions of costs and benefits of unionization in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 87, 102465. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102465
Awards & Nominations -
- Nominee, Best Paper Award (2020). Customer's reaction to post-merger & Acquisition (M&A) of Local Food Brand: role of moral judgment in brand betrayal evaluation. 25th Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality & Tourism (with Yu, H. and Legendre, T.).
- Recipient, Best Paper Award (2019). F&B performance in the United States Hotel Industry: Evidences from time and location types. Annual research symposium of International Association of Hospitality Financial Management (with Lin, M. and Sharma, A.).
- Judge’s choice recipient, Rapid research competition (2019). How do pub owners choose which beers to sell? North East North America Federation of International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education