Hamel Family Faculty Chair of Wine Business
Damien Wilson, Ph.D.
Wine Spectator Learning Center, Suite 1012
- University of South Australia - Ph.D. in Wine Marketing
- University of South Australia - Master of Business
- University of Adelaide - Bachelor's in Wine Marketing
- University of Adelaide - Bachelor's in Agricultural Business
Dr. Damien Wilson is the inaugural Hamel Family Chair of Wine Business Education with SSU's Wine Business Institute. Dr. Wilson arrived in California in 2015 with 20 years of professional experience in the wine sector. This commercial experience facilitated him achieving the first-ever Honors Degree in Wine Business with the University of Adelaide, and this qualification is among his four degrees in the discipline of Wine Business. He joins us from Burgundy's School of Wine and Spirits Business, having established a European professorial career after having started with the University of South Australia in 1999.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Atkin, T., Wilson, D., Thach, L. and Olsen, J. (2017), “Analyzing the Impact of Conjunctive Labeling as Part of a Regional Wine Branding Strategy”, Wine Economics and Policy, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wep.2017.10.003.
- Wilson, D. (2016). Case Study on the Introduction of the Screwcap to the Wine Market | The Case Centre, for educators (Case Study No. 516-0005-1) (pp. 9). Available at http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=132065
- Quinton, S., & Wilson, D. (2016). Tensions and ties in social media networks: Towards a model of understanding business relationship development and performance enhancement through the use of LinkedIn Industrial Marketing Management doi:10.1016/j.indmarman.2015.12.001
- Thach, L., Atkin, T., Wilson, D. and Olsen, J. (2017), “Does Wine Region Conjunctive Labeling Really Work? The Case of ...”, Wine Business Monthly, 5 December, available at: https://www.winebusiness.com/news/?go=getArticle&dataid=192980 (accessed 23 December 2017).
- Wilson, D., Thach, L., Atkin, T. and Olsen, J. (2018), “To Label Conjunctively or Not Label Conjunctively? That is the AVA Question”, Wine Business Monthly, 15 January, available at: https://www.winebusiness.com/news/?go=getArticle&dataid=194393 (accessed 18 January 2018).
- Wilson, D. (2016). Tasting fees: Cellar door tastings - to charge or not to charge? Wine & Viticulture Journal, 31(3), pp.63-65.
- Gilinsky, A., Thach, L., Wilson, D., Newton, S., Atkin, T. & Eyler, R. (2015). What Business Skills Are Needed to Prosper in the U.S. Wine Industry? New Survey Provides Some Answers. Winebusiness.com, Dec. 2, 2015. Available at: http://www.winebusiness.com/news/?go=getArticle&dataid=161661
- Winchester, M., & Wilson, D. (2015, November 3). Fruity, with a hint of gobbledygook: it’s time to give up on wine wankery. Retrieved January 21, 2016, from https://theconversation.com/fruity-with-a-hint-of-gobbledygook-its-time-...
- Wilson, D., & Winchester, M. (2015, November 30). A response to “In praise of wine wankers” [e- journal]. Retrieved January 21, 2016, from https://www.meininger.de/en
- Wilson, D., Ingham, M. and Charters, S. (2015), “Innovation Management in the Wine Sector”, in Vrontis, D., Sakka, G. and Amirkhanpour, M. (Eds.), Management Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Human Resource Management Practices: A Global Perspective, Chpt.11., Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Lady Stephenson Library, pp. 217–236.