Assistant Professor, Management
Angelo A. Camillo, PhD, Assistant Professor of Management
Angelo A. Camillo, PhD, teaches courses in Management Strategy and Policy, Hospitality and Event Management, International Business, Leadership, Wine Business Production, Operation, and Distribution, and leads the Wine Concentration Summer Study Abroad Program in Italy.
He has over thirty-five years of international hospitality industry management experience and has worked and lived in ten countries and traveled to forty-seven countries on four continents. He holds an undergraduate degree from Heidelberg Hotel Management School Germany, an MBA from San Francisco State University, a PhD from Oklahoma State University, and Management Development Certificates from Cornell University and Harvard University. He is also a Certified Executive Chef, a Certified Culinary Educator, and a Certified Food Service Executive.
He has published six books and over a hundred research articles and book chapters and is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management in the Digital Age (IJTHMDA).
Dr. Camillo has been visiting professor at universities in South Korea, Italy, and China (Guangzhou SCNU, and Guanghua School of Management, at Peking University). In summer 2021, he was invited to teach a Wine Supply Chain Management seminar in the Wine Business Program at Brock University- Goodman School of Business, Ontario, Canada.
He serves as a Board member and Director of Industry Relations of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (CHRIE) Western Chapter Federation; is Faculty Jury Member of OIKOS, The International Case Writing Competition University of St. Gallen, Switzerland; is Editorial Board member of various Academic Journals, including the Journal of Integration of Education: Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, the State Assembly and Government of the Republic of Mordovia; Editorial Board Member, Emerging Economy Studies, IMI (Indian Management Institute), Sage India, and as the Editorial Board Review Member of the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education (JHTE). He also serves as a Commissioner of the Multicultural Advisory Commission for the City of Novato, CA, and as a Board member of Kids Intercultural Development Society.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Camillo, A.A., Kim, W.G (2021). An Assessment of the Competitive Position of the Emergent Uruguayan Wine Industry: A Preliminary Netnographic Baseline Study. Beverages, 7(2), 26. https://www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/7/2/26
- Camillo, A. A. (2020). Toward a Theory Development on the Synergetic Entrepreneurship in the Hotel Industry: An Exploratory Study of the Albergo Diffuso in Italy. International Journal of Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility (IJSECSR), 5(2), 105-133. doi:10.4018/IJSECSR.2020070107
- Thach, L., Riewe, S. and Camillo, A. (2020), "Generational cohort theory and wine: analyzing how gen Z differs from other American wine consuming generations", International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJWBR-12-2019-0061 Impact Factor: 2.6
- Presenza, A., Yucelen, M, Gursoy, S., Camillo, A. A., (2016). Creating Competitive Advantage through Knowledge Sharing in the Digital Economy. Sinergie, Italian journal of management. ISSN 0393-5108DOI 10.7433/s103.2017.07, Vol. 35, N. 103, 2017, pp. 129-151, http://www.ita.sijm.it AIDEA list (rank A)
- Presenza, A., Yucelen, M, Gursoy, S., Camillo, A. A., (2016). Passion Before Profit Passion before profit in hospitality ventures. Some thoughts on Lifestyle Entrepreneur and the case of “Albergo Diffuso.” Sinergie, Italian journal of management. ISSN 0393-5108DOI 10.7433/s103.2017.07, Vol. 34, N. 99, 2016, pp. 129-151, http://www.ita.sijm.it AIDEA list (rank A).
- Camillo, A. A., (2015). Strategic Management and Crisis Communication Interdependency in the Global Context. A preliminary investigation. Journal of Emerging Economy Studies. Inaugural Edition by invitation of the International Management Institute and Sage Publishing, 1(1) 37–49. http://emi.sagepub.com/content/1/1/37.full.pdf+html & http://emi.sagepub.com/content/1/1/37.refs
- Camillo, A. A., Di Pietro L. (2014). An investigation on cultural cuisine of mainland China. Management implications for restaurant operators. TOURISMOS: AN INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF TOURISM, 9(2), PP. 83-104. Creative Commons: UDC: 338.48+640(050). ISSN: 1790-8418 (print), ISSN: 1792-6521 (online). Available at http://www.chios.aegean.gr/tourism/vol9iss2.htm
- Nishiyama, Y., Camillo, A. A., Jenkins, R. (2014). Gender and motives for accountancy. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 15(2), pp. 175 – 196. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/toc/jaar/15/2 . Awards for Excellence - 2015 Outstanding Papers. Impact Factor: 2.7
- Camillo A. A., Di Pietro L. (2014), Creating Competitive Advantage for Calabrian-Made Products: The Influences of Culture and Price Perception, Journal of Food Products Marketing, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 1–24. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10454446.2013.843481#.VHksxsmfj-Y Impact Factor: 3.5
- Camillo A. A., AbKarim, M. S (2014). Consumer attitude and perception toward western cuisine: a study of the Italian Cuisine in Malaysia. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 17(2), pp. 103-121 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15378020.2014.902644 Impact Factor: 2.1
- Camillo, A. A., (2012). A Strategic Investigation of the Determinants of Wine Consumption in China. International Journal of Wine Business Research Vol. 24, No. 1, 2012. Accessible at: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/17511061211213792 . Also listed in the Academy of Wine Business Research website: http://academyofwinebusiness.com/?page_id=33 . Most downloaded paper in 2013, over 3488 downloads. Impact Factor: 2.6
- Rashid, S.S.A., Adzahan, N.M., Camillo, A. A., Karim, M.S.A., (2011). Consumers’ Perspective Toward Malaysia Traditional Food: Sambal Belacan. (International Journal of Agribusiness Marketing), accessible at: https://www.fama.gov.my/documents/20143/0/v4+5.pdf/6d139221-2cfe-13bb-2203-963733e942ba?version=1.0
- Camillo, A. A., Kim, W.G., Moreo P.J., Ryan, W., (2010). A Trend Forecasting Model of Historical Development and future trends of Cuisines in America, International Journal of Hospitality Management. Volume 29, Issue 4, pp. 549-558 (December 2010). Impact Factor: 9.237
Ranked 13/137 in Sociology; 6/35 in Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism; 47/172 in Management: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278431909001030
- Camillo A. A., Connolly D. J., Kim W.G. (2008), Critical Success Factors for Independent Restaurants in Northern California. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, May 28, (2008) http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/citedby/10.1177/1938965508317712 . Impact Factor: 3.646
Recent Book Publication
Camillo, A.A. (2021). Strategic International Restaurant Development: From Concept to Production. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-4342-9, ISBN13: 9781799843429. IGI-GLOBAL, April 2021, Hershey, PA 17033, USA. Strategic International Restaurant Development: From Concept to Production: 9781799843429: Business & Management Books | IGI Global (igi-global.com)