Assistant Professor, Management
- University of Missouri-Kansas City - Ph.D. in Economics and Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- University of Missouri-Kansas City - M.A. in Economics
- University of Missouri-Kansas City - Master of Business Administration
- William Jewell College - Bachelor of Business Administration
Dr. Sergio Canavati joins SSU from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and California State University, Los Angeles. His expertise includes building and executing entrepreneurship and innovation programs, including venture incubation, certificate and mentorship programs, financialization of businesses, entrepreneurial cognition, corporate governance, product platforms, and corporate social responsibility.
- Schaefer, R., Barton, M., & Canavati, S. (2018). “To be or not to be a social entrepreneur: Motivational drivers amongst American business students. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review.
- Canavati, S., Benson, K., & Richardson, S. (2016). Rara Avis: Has this bird flown? Wine Business Case Research Journal, 2(1).
- Arend, R. J., Cao, X., Grego‐Nagel, A., Im, J., Yang, X., & Canavati, S. (2016). Looking upstream and downstream in entrepreneurial cognition: Replicating and extending the Busenitz and Barney (1997) study. Journal of Small Business Management, 54(4), 1147–1170.
Canavati, S. (2015). Asia MotorWorks: The launch decision. In G. Vega and M. S. Lam (Eds.), Entrepreneurial finance: Concepts and cases. Routledge: New York.